Save Money on your trip !!
Getting a Marriage license for a wedding in Florida is easy.
Click Here if you plan on getting your license at a courthouse in Florida.
Please continue reading if you are not a Florida resident and want to get your license by mail.
JaxPremiereWeddings & JaxNotary has teamed up with Florida Marriage License by mail to provide a Marriage license to non Florida residents and couples outside of the United States.
NOTE: This service is only offered to non-Florida Residents and couples from outside the United States. We offer this service via the Lake County Courthouse in Florida.
- You don’t have to worry about taking the time to find a local courthouse.
- You don’t have to worry about possibly of getting lost on the way to the courthouse.
- Even if the Courthouse is closed due to bank holidays – this will not stop you being able to get married.
- Saves ½ a day of your holiday/vacation.
- If you are flying in just before your wedding, it saves you time which could be used doing something else.
- One thing you can cross of your to do list.
- Pricing for this service depends on when your initial application is made in relation to your wedding date.
- More than 61 days before the wedding date $193.50
- Between 51 – 60 days before the wedding date $205.50
- Between 41 – 50 days before the wedding date $225.50
- Between 31 – 40 days before the wedding date $245.50
No applications will be accepted 30 days before a wedding date (no exceptions can be made).
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS MAY TAKE LONGER TO BE PROCESSED OVER HOLIDAY TIMES – YOU SHOULD ALLOW FOR ANY HOLIDAYS WHEN MAKING THE APPLICATION.
You cannot be a Florida resident to obtain a Florida marriage license by mail. No minimum residency applies to overseas couples or out of state couples. (i.e. you are not required to be in Florida for a minimum number of days.)
You should be 18 years and older to apply for a marriage license.
On the application form you must be able to advise what date you last marriage ended, (written proof may be requested).
The Marriage License
Once issued, the marriage license is valid for 60 days. The Marriage license has to be given to the Notary on your wedding day. The Notary will then be responsible for mailing the Marriage license back to the courthouse to have it recorded. This will become the official Marriage Certificate. This process can take between 4 – 6 weeks and will be mailed back to you directly.
The Marriage Ceremony
Once the Marriage license has been obtained, couples can get married anywhere within the state of Florida. Witnesses to the marriage are not required.
Should couples wish to have additional certified copies of their Marriage Certificate, they are $2.50 per copy; this money should be given to the Notary on your wedding day. The Notary will enclose the marriage license in the provided envelope, which he/she will return to the courthouse for recording.
A Florida Marriage License is only valid for 60 days. If you are applying for a license by mail more than two months out, once the application has been notarized and send back to us we will hold on to the application until about 50 days before your wedding date. We then send the completed application to the courthouse for the final stamped date to be put on your application. We ensure that the 60 days of validation covers your wedding plus a couple of extra days in case a wedding has to be moved due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. weather etc.
The time that the application process takes and the valid time of the wedding license are not connected in anyway. You can do your license application as far out as 6 months.
Are you ready? Click here and be certain to give my name as your officiant: Michael Rounds
Although I strive to provide accurate information, I assume no responsibility for changes to this information.