Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses for a Florida wedding

I’m not a Florida Resident

Please click here if you want to get your license by mail.

I’m a FLorida Resident

Here are a few things to know:

  • You both must be 18 years of age or have consent from a guardian. I have this consent form and can provide it for $10 extra.
  • There is no blood test needed.
  • You must be a U.S. resident or have a valid passport, immigration card.
  • The current fee, if you go to the courthouse, is $93.50 (cash only) or $61 if you have attended a state approved pre-maritial preparation course. This course is not provided by Notary Public Wedding officiants. It is provided by church clergy only.
  • You must have a valid ID: Drivers License, State ID, Military ID or Passport.
  • You must have a valid social security card.
  • You must both be present to apply at a court house.
  • There is a full 3 day waiting period for Florida residents. IE: Go to the courthouse on Monday for your wedding on Friday.
  • This 3 day period is waived if a pre-maritial preparation course was completed. Note: Notary Public Wedding Officiants do not provide this course.
  • There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents with proper ID.
  • A marriage license is only valid for 60 days.
  • A marriage license is valid anywhere within the state of Florida. IE: You can get a  license in Clay county and get married anywhere in the state.
  • You must know the exact dates of previous marriages. (proof need not be presented; just the dates)
  • Allow at least 30 minutes at the courthouse to complete the application process.
  • After the wedding, it is my (the wedding officiant – Notary) responsibility to sign, stamp and seal the license.
  • It is also my (Notary) responsibility to return the license to the place it was issued within 10 days.Click here to find a few places to get your Marriage License.

Although I strive to provide accurate information, I assume no responsibility for changes to this information. Be sure to confirm all details with the local licensing bureau.